“If we realize that the body event of menopause is connected to a soul event, then it gives more meaning to this transition”
Felicity Green (yoga teacher)
Menopause can be a difficult time in a woman’s life. Physical symptoms such as headaches, weight gain, insomnia and hot flushes, along with emotional symptoms like depression and anxiety, grief and rage, are a lot to deal with. Then there’s the cultural conditioning that leads women to feel they are no longer attractive, over the hill, powerless and suddenly invisible.
Those who seek help from their doctor are likely to be offered HRT or anti-depressants, which ease symptoms but have negative side effects, and also remove many of the gifts of this intense rite of passage.
“I came to Moon Queen totally at a loss over my menopause, unable to make much sense of what was happening to my body and me - a hitherto reasonably self assured career woman, wife and mother now grappling with little tangible but plenty of confusing information and attitudes towards this change in a woman's life. Nikki's highly professional workshop, which allows women to safely explore menopause in a deep and meaningful way, gave me an opportunity to share with others in an incredibly helpful way for me, and together with Nikki's teachings and insights, I came away with a startlingly powerful sense of self, direction and purpose in the cool, early evening of my life as a woman. Thank you Nikki, from the bottom of my heart. ”
Amanda RP (Marketting Manager)
So what if we had a different cultural framework? What if we’d been told that this life stage is a powerful, healing initiation? A chance to review life and consciously choose what to carry forward into our Autumn years – the rich years of the Moon Queen, when we step fully into our power, find our life mission, and turn our energies to serving our community?
The Moon Queen workshop empowers peri-menopausal and menopausal women by providing a map for the territory – something to steer by as we step into the unknown. Re-framing menopause as an initiation, we explore how to identify the sacred tasks and the common challenges of this psycho-spiritual death and re-birth, and useful allies such as herbs, yoga and breathwork practices, diet and self care.
Optional follow up meetings (dates to be confirmed) provide an opportunity to go deeper into the common themes, a space to share experience, and use ritual as support.
- March 2019- 9.30am to 6pm (date to be confirmed)
- Station Yard Studios, Ashburton - see below
- something confortable to sit on (sheepskin or backjack) Cushions provided.
- lunch to share (teas provided)
- a journal and a pen
- Waged price - £80
- Concessions - £60
- Cancellation up to two weeks before workshop - full refund.
- Cancellation in the two weeks leading up to workshop - half refund.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of workshop - no refunds.
|Full price - £80|
|Concessions - £60|
Venue in Ashburton
Address: Station Yard Studios,
4 Station Yard,
Devon - TQ13 7EF
Directions to Venue
From A38 Devon Expressway
- From A38 take the Peartree exit for Ashburton.
- Turn RIGHT just after Peartree Petrol station, onto B3352, heading into town
- Just after the main T-junction in town, turn RIGHT onto St. Lawrence Lane.
- Head straight over the staggered crossroads, onto Chulie Road - towards Tuckers car park.
- Before getting to Tuckers par park, take the righthand lane that separates two link-fenced carparks.
- The venue is clearly seen from the carpark on your right - big blue double doors (pictured above).